Anna Randal for Art-Sheep
The brain, what a magical organ!
I’m not even being sarcastic right now, it is indeed magical to have an organ that doesn’t feel pain. Interesting right? Check the list below and learn more about the most valuable organ of a person’s life -after the heart of course.
1. While awake, the human brain produces enough electricity to power a small light bulb
2. “Drank blackouts” prevent the brain from creating memories
3. The brain perceives rejection the way the body feels pain
4. The brain can’t feel pain! Surgeons actually can operate on conscious patients.
5. Every time you form a new memory, your brain forms new brain connections.
6. Lacking oxygen from more than 5 minutes results in permanent brain damage
7. Your brain recognizes your touch, making it impossible for you to tickle yourself
8. Abusive environments have the same effect on children’s brain as combat on soldiers. It is also scientifically proven that a small use of power changes how a person’s brain works and diminishes empathy.
9. Long term mobile usage increases the possibilities of developing a brain tumor
10. Being on a diet leads to lack of proper nutrition, something that forces brain cells to eat themselves.
11. The whole left/right brain thing is a huge myth
12. Losing sleep affects the brain in a way that can cause judgement impairment and slow reactions during the day
13. Forgetting is actually good for he brain, as by deleting unnecessary information the nervous system can retain its plasticity.
14. The brain makes around 70,000 thoughts per day
15. You use the 100% of your brain and not just the rumored 10%
16. Your brain is more active while dreaming than functioning while awake
And a cool comic about brain activity for the end: