Samuel Masters for Art-Sheep
SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry is here to give us the top 10 of the overall 18,000 new species identified around the world in the past year .
1.Anzu Wyliei, a 5 foot tall and 10 feet long bird-dinosaur hybrid from North America.
2. An endangered parasitic plant that is actually found in a mountain in the Philippines ,Balanophora coralliformis.
3. Cebrennus rechenbergi, a spider that cartwheels in the face of danger.
4.Dendrogramma enigmatica, along with D. discoids are tiny, odd multicellular animals discovered on the sea floor of Victoria.
5. Deuteragenia ossarium, a Chinese wasp, covers its young with layers of chemical-emitting dead ants in order to protect them from predators.
6. Found in Indonesia, Limnonectes larvaepartus is the only known species of frog that bears tadpoles instead of eggs.
7. Phryganistria tamdaeoensis is a 9-inch long insect ,that is considered one of the shortest “giant sticks”.
8. Phyllodesmium acanthorhinum, a Japanese fluorescent sea slug.
9. Growing up to 5 feet long in high altitudes in Mexico Tillandsia religiosa, though new to scientists, has been part of Christmas displays in Mexico for a long time.
10. Torquigener albomaculosus is a little fish that forms geometric designs of up to 6 feet in diameter on the Japanese sea floor as a way to attract females and protect its fertilized eggs.