Samuel Masters for Art-Sheep
SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry is here to give us the top 10 of the overall 18,000 new species identified around the world in the past year .
1.Anzu Wyliei, a 5 foot tall and 10 feet long bird-dinosaur hybrid from North America.
2. An endangered parasitic plant that is actually found in a mountain in the Philippines ,Balanophora coralliformis.
3. Cebrennus rechenbergi, a spider that cartwheels in the face of danger.
4.Dendrogramma enigmatica, along with D. discoids are tiny, odd multicellular animals discovered on the sea floor of Victoria.
5. Deuteragenia ossarium, a Chinese wasp, covers its young with layers of chemical-emitting dead ants in order to protect them from predators.
7. Phryganistria tamdaeoensis is a 9-inch long insect ,that is considered one of the shortest “giant sticks”.
8. Phyllodesmium acanthorhinum, a Japanese fluorescent sea slug.
9. Growing up to 5 feet long in high altitudes in Mexico Tillandsia religiosa, though new to scientists, has been part of Christmas displays in Mexico for a long time.
10. Torquigener albomaculosus is a little fish that forms geometric designs of up to 6 feet in diameter on the Japanese sea floor as a way to attract females and protect its fertilized eggs.